Central Colorado and San Luis Valley Board to Merge
NAR has officially approved the merger of the REALTORS® of Central Colorado and the San Luis Valley Board of REALTORS®. The merger was official as of April 1st.
The association will retain the name REALTORS® of Central Colorado, Inc. Territorial jurisdictions will be within thecounties of Chaffee, Alamosa, Costilla, Rio Grande, Conejos, and Saguache Counties and a portion of Mineral County East of the Continental Divide.
“The merger process proved to be a rewarding experience,” said Kevan S. Lyons, EVP/COO of the REALTORS® of Central Colorado. “I’m very proud of the cooperation and consideration between both operating boards, and prior to gaining the approval to merge from NAR, the leadership from both organizations went above and beyond what was required of them for many months.”
What changes can current members of of the REALTORS® of Central Colorado and the San Luis Valley Board of REALTORS® expect?
- Collaboration on reducing the cost of duplicative services that are delivered to members
- Make it easier and more fiscally responsible to comply with NAR ‘s required core services
- Leverage the advantage of Economy of scale for services that each board is required to deliver (such as a savings of $7000-$15,000 per board for an NAR mandated financial audit) and expand the opportunity to increase services offered to members
- Determine our own destiny
- Become a Stronger voice in the communities we serve with more members
- Increase opportunity to cultivate more business relationships
- Increase the potential for more Referrals between the two market areas and local communities
- Larger available pool for leadership/leveraging talent in both organizations that will yield a business plan to address issues and challenges impacting our future business
- Provide a template for future mergers with other associations should the opportunity present itself
- Provide a sound platform for Financial stability to minimize costs and maximize resources
- Increased geographical area that uses the same lock box system
- In the near term, operate 2 MLS systems that meet the needs of the individual regions.
Members with questions about this merger are encouraged to call or email Kevan S. Lyons, EVP/COO of the REALTORS® of Central Colorado, Inc. He can be reached at 719-539-3381 or emailed at Admin@CCBRealtors.org