Meet Your 2021 CAR Leadership Council
The Colorado Association of REALTORS’® new leadership council has officially assumed their new roles as of December 1, 2020.
CAR’s 2021 Chair, Robert Walkowicz, Broker Associate/Partner with the Group in Fort Collins, has extensive experience with the Colorado Association of REALTORS® dating back to 1994. In his new position, Walkowicz will serve as a conduit between CAR’s more than 27,700 members and the Board of Directors. Working in tandem with the leadership council, he will assist with strategic planning, helping to set the organization’s direction and vision for the coming year.
“I am grateful and honored at the opportunity to serve this great organization and passionate about being a REALTOR®,” said Robert Walkowicz. “It is our mission to be the collective voice of over 27,000 real estate professionals who promote consumer property rights and to be the industry leaders in ethics and professionalism.”
Other top officers who will serve with Walkowicz are:
- Matthew Hintermeister (LIV Sotheby’s Intl Realty, Telluride) – Chair-Elect
- Mary Ann Hinrichsen (RE/MAX Masters Millennium, Greenwood Village) – Treasurer
- Janene Johnson (Real Estate of Winter Park, Winter Park) – Immediate Past Chair
- David Barber (RE/MAX Professionals, Aurora) – Appointed Past President
The board’s main responsibilities include leading and coordinating volunteer efforts of the association aimed at maintaining stability in Colorado’s real estate industry, protecting private property rights, supporting efforts for affordable housing opportunities and providing resources and services designed to help Colorado REALTORS® succeed in their business.
Other members of the 2020-21 Leadership Council:
- Brian Urdiales (The Urdiales Group LLC, Fort Morgan) – Metro District Chair
- Betsy Laughlin (Slifer Smith & Frampton/Bridge, Vail) – Mountain District Chair
- Bob Skillman (The Group, Inc., Loveland) – Northeast District Chair
- David Anderson (RE/MAX Pueblo West, Pueblo) – Southeast District Chair
- Vicki Burns (Brass Key Realty, Craig) – Western District Chair
- Hank Poburka (The Platinum Group, Colorado Springs) – Member Services Division Chair
- Kati Harken (Keller Williams Realty DTC, Centennial) – Legal & Risk Division Chair
- Sean Dougherty (RE/MAX Alliance- Boardwalk, Fort Collins) – Government Affairs Division Chair
- Maria Cook (Aspen Board of REALTORS®) – Association Executive Representative
- Tyrone Adams (CAR) – CEO